Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Who knew??? Eggs, Avocado, Coconut oil, butter

All the things we were told were bad for us -- now showing up on the "ok to eat" lists...

I grew up in an age where margarine was thought to be better than butter (for your heart), coconut oil was forbidden -- corn oil was king -- then safflower...

Eggs were too high in cholesterol -- avocado had cholesterol and was bad for you.

I just wonder what the next wave of -- you shouldn't be eating this -- you should be eating that will be.

I think the American diet is riddled with processed food, high fructose corn syrup, and low fat/ gluten free everything.

As adults we have to gain control of our wellbeing and one thing for sure is: spend money on food and buy the best stuff you can -- I don't mean filet mignon and caviar -- I mean unprocessed and pesticide free and chemical (fertilizer) free.

As for sugar.  I think if its organic and not put in "everything" -- I'm going to eat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment