Sunday, August 24, 2014

Wooooo Hooooo! About to embark on a 60 day "journey" into juicing

Ok.  So, a few weeks back I was in Boston for a family wedding.  I've been feeling over all crappy.  I seem to have "frozen shoulder" and it is extremely painful  (the pain in almost constant -- with intermittent spikes of even more pain).  For this, I was put on NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs) and pain killers.  Uggh.  I hate the whole drug scene.  (Pharmaceuticals).  This was compounded by the "you'll start off with cortisone injections -- if they don't work, then it'll be surgery).  -- I have nothing against the medical profession, but it is never a cure -- it's a pill for every ill followed by surgery.    I think about my thyroid medication and the fact that so many people have said "why don't you just have it taken out?"

While at the wedding, I played badminton -- well, I was wearing a fitted (snug) tweed like dress -- when I reached and swung, I ripped the seam in my dress.  This was an eye opener for me.  I had gained a bit of weight (I think maybe due to the NSAIDs).  I saw pictures of myself -- yikes -- I look old, tired and fat! (but other than that, I looked great).

I got on-line and ordered a juicer.  The problem was that it was backordered.  I wasn't told it was out of stock until AFTER I ordered it.  A bit annoying, but such is life....  In the meantime.  I've ordered some books.  I had seen the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead maybe about a year ago at the suggestion of my eldest daughter.  I rewatched the show, there's new books associated with it -- I got the reboot book, the recipe book and the juice recipe book.  Yippeeee!  Once the juicer arrives, I'll be starting a 60 journey... Into juicing.  (I'm looking forward to it... kind of...).

I'll post on this blog for the 60 days and hope to remember the before and after photo... (always important).

No comments:

Post a Comment