Thursday, August 28, 2014

PBP -- As bad as PCP -- stands for


Poisoned by Processed food.  One need not look far to see the results of overeating of processed foods  -- travel to any Walmart or Costco and you'll see people who are not only obese but those that are morbidly obese -- needing a motorized wheel chair just to traverse the store -- stocking up on processed/junk food.

I live in Florida.  We had a ton of drug addicts (crack addicts, heroine, cocaine) -- you name it, we have it.  But just as many emaciated drug addicts are the other addicts -- food addicts.  Obesity runs in my family.  I can name a few off hand that are morbidly obese -- but as one family member put it when he saw me eating a salad -- if he had to eat like that -- he'd rather die.  Very odd.  When I think I have an uncle with by-pass surgery -- if you saw him eat -- hasn't slowed down one iota.

Another "friend" was out with us.  He's had shunts put in surgically -- he ordered the sausage???  Is food that important to us?  You bet it is.  His answer is when his blood thickens he can feel the pressure to the shunt, so he takes a baby aspirin and that thins his blood???  Wow.  All I can say is wow.

As someone once told me (my old boss) -- it takes a whole lot of food to maintain a body that's up over 300...  They are eating something.  I realize it may not be quantity so much as quality of food.  Cheap meat (factory farmed), starches and processed foods -- all poison.  Seems radical but when I was a little girl (many moons ago) I remember saying to my mom stress causes cancer -- people laughed -- they aren't laughing any more.  I think processed foods shuts off some receptor in our cells that tells it when to stop storing fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment