Thursday, September 18, 2014

More of the same.... Gets you more of the same

It's day 16... YAY.

I belong to a juice fasting support group.  That said, I get so many "I don't like celery",  "I can't eat that"...  I'm starting over from day one because I decided to eat this or that....

I think to myself.  This just isn't logical.  I want to say "Are you at your optimum health/goal weight?" -- because if you are then more power to you.  Eat whatever you want... Juice only fruit and sweet stuff all day... "Oh you're not..."  Well then more of the same only gets you more of the same... If you want a change, you'll have to change.  People resist change... The further "off the path" they are; the more resistance you see.  "I need to just eat nuts or something for protein."  I have headaches, I'm dizzy, I'm really hungry...

I had a coach in college.  His motto was "suck it up" -- I used to think he was kind of harsh, but as I get older, I'm beginning to be as cantankerous.    It's not easy.  I never said it was.  It's very hard.  But if their life depended on it, they'd do it.  The funny thing is for most of them, their life does depend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment