Monday, October 6, 2014

Tips?? Today is day 34.


I've completed 33 days (so far) of a juice fasting -- life changing -- experience.  Well, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to give tips.  This is what worked for me.  Go green.  Every chance I get, I add greens to my juice -- even those that don't call for it.  I mostly have organic.  Especially if it (the fruit or vegetable) is on the "Dirty Dozen" list.  Drink plenty of water (I didn't and day 3-- I paid with a splitting headache).  Stay focused.  Eye on the prize.  Whatever food you crave isn't going away -- you can have it --- after.  Don't rule out any food... "I don't eat..." -- if a recipe calls for it -- add it.  Get the juicer that you'll use.  For me, I thought if I could only get my hands on the Norwalk juicer -- then I saw what it takes to make juice with that puppy and frankly I'm not sure if I would have made it this far with that juicer.  It is very time consuming.  From cutting up the produce, to the 2 step process and making "pillows" to have them then pressed.  Know yourself...  This is a big one.  I'm not one to drink a lot of water (early in the morning) -- so before any juice, I have one cold glass of water and one hot cup of water.  I spread out my juice/ coconut water.  My schedule looks like this:

7:30 Water
8:30 Juice
10:30 coconut water
12:30 juice
2:30 coconut water
4:30 juice
6:30 juice 

Then water throughout the day.

I usually have 2 Mean Green juices (reboot with Joe Cross), one fruity juice (with veggies added) and one vegetable juice.  I'll walk between one and two miles a day.  

Also positive affirmations.  Never say "I can't" -- (whether it be I can't eat that, stomach that, etc. -- unless there is a medical reason for you to not have something).  

If you want change -- you have to change...  You can't do "more of the same" and expect different results.  If juice fasting is not for you, it's not for you... If you "retry" every week, only to "eat something" -- maybe look deeper into the reason you eat...

Other people's advice.... this is a big one.  Just because it "says so" on a blog -- that is someone's opinion and possible quite narrow world view.  Unless someone has walked the walk -- actually done it -- I'll go further to say done a juice fast, improved their health, AND kept healthy -- they can talk all they want.  I neither seek NOR embrace their "pearls of wisdom".  Everyone has some opinion.  "You can't do this, you shouldn't do this" -- what makes them an expert?  NOTHING.  

I won't sugar coat it.  It is a long and difficult journey.  I'm human.  I LOVE food.  I do feel jealous when I see others ending their fast, but my journey isn't over yet..  I'm considering going longer than 60 days... I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

I approach this as if my life depended on it, because it probably does. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment