Saturday, December 28, 2013

Raw crackers for Raw Pizza

I went to a restaurant with my daughter, she ordered raw pizza.  It was a raw cracker topped with some kind of vegetable mixture and I think cashew cheese on top.

I got some cashew cheese at our local green market, I decided to try and make some crackers.

I looked for a recipe (on line) -- I found this one:  http://www.therawtarian.com/basic-raw-cracker-recipe

I needed the basic recipe.  I made a BUNCH of substitutions based on what I had on hand and what I thought would taste good.

I substituted vegetable broth for the water, I used shallot and garlic instead of red pepper and parsley, I added chia seeds, and kelp granules.

I think the chia made it somewhat firm. (I also used less liquid than the recipe called for)  -- why add more water and then have to dehydrate for longer???

I then spread it onto parchment lined dehydrator rack trays (I've got a cheap dehydrator) --


I was able to score at this stage (rather than wait the 4 hours as the web recipe called for)

I scored it in pizza like slices ;)

I was able to get 2 trays worth....

They are dehydrating now, so I won't know until tomorrow if it went well!



No comments:

Post a Comment