Friday, January 17, 2014

Chicken under a brick -- Again

I'm determined to get this recipe right.

My husband loves this when we go out -- I've attempted (and failed miserably) at making this recipe.

So, I'll start over.

I bought a fresh chicken at the green market.... (i thought that might have been the culprit in the past)




I looked up yet another recipe -- last one was on the barbeque with orange.  This is New York Times...
http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/11/recipe-of-the-day-chicken-under-a-brick/?_r=0


I took out the back bone (not too difficult with kitchen shears)





then I flattened it:




then seasoned it:



I have a huge brick -- wrapped it with aluminum foil



Chicken was put in a very large preheated skillet on the stove


Brick placed on top....


(It's a very big "brick")

After 5 minutes... I transferred it to a shallow baking pan


Into the oven for 15 minutes at 500 degrees ---


Then brick is removed, chicken flipped and back in for 10 more minutes


Then it comes out....


served with wedged lemon



I've got to say, better than last time -- still not the moist delicious chicken my husband gets when we are out....

No comments:

Post a Comment