Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Some recipes I'm trying --Aloo Gobi

Aloo Gobi -- again from the forks over knives cookbook.

I don't usually eat white potato (I had some left over from when my kids were visiting)

Starting out early for this one:


It's potato, tomato, peas, cauliflower, onion, spices (ginger, bay leaves, cloves, coriander, cumin, red pepper)

I gathered up my stuff --slow start.

First, saute the onion....

recipe said 7 minutes.  I have a professional cooktop -- I was done in about 4
I added the garlic and the ginger....

Then it said to add the potato, cauliflower and tomato -- I only added the potato, as it takes longer to cook.

I let that cook for a few minutes....

Then I added the cauliflower and tomato

Then I put in the spices...


The bay leaves look washed out from the flash...

The spices colored everything nicely.....


All that was left to do was to add the peas and cilantro.


It was pretty good.  I added salt (none called for in the recipe?)....

I served it with brown basmati rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment