Friday, January 31, 2014

Where does the time go???

I suppose being in Florida, it goes faster as one day fades into another and there are no seasons to speak of.

I realized something recently.  My daughter was visiting from Boston and she said "can we get strawberries" -- for some reason, I assumed conventional strawberries were shipped every where and available everywhere.

It is definitely citrus season here, but it seems to be corn harvesting time here too.  I know that's the fall in other regions.

So, I looked up a corn recipe (in Forks over Knives cookbook) -- Corn, quinoa and black beans -- it is a little different from the one I usually make--


I roasted and removed from the cob


Then I made my old recipe (didn't make the Forks over Knives one) --


It's black beans, quinoa, corn, tomato, peppers, shallot, cilantro, lime juice and white balsamic


No comments:

Post a Comment