Monday, January 20, 2014

Mussels

So, a restaurant named Mussel Beach opened in Delray Beach, FL -- when my daughter was here, we tried it.  Excellent really.  I loved my mussels which came in a "Le Creuset" like pot to the table.  A short "stock pot".

I have made 2 versions since then.  One was a recipe for "druken mussels"

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/drunken-mussels/

Very good.  I did take someone's tip and used a bit less wine.

The second version was with Coconut milk.

I made this in a skillet.  I put onion and garlic in a bit of coconut oil heated them.  I then added coconut milk and a bit of ginger -- let it come to a boil -- then added the mussels -- covered the pot and then they only took about 7 minutes to cook from that point.

Now, I apologize  -- both times -- with the rush of getting dinner out -- I forgot to take any photos!!!
Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment