Monday, November 11, 2013

Coconut Brownies

I searched the web for a recipe made with coconut flour...  I found one -- but I didn't really like the ingredients.  One of the things were 5 --yes 5-- eggs.....

So, I decided to "hack out" some brownies.

I gathered my stuff and started to add and subtract where I thought necessary.  Here is my very own recipe which hardly even resembles the one I looked at.

1 cup coconut flour
1 cup cocoa (powder)
1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
2/3 cup of organic sugar

3 eggs
2 containers of coconut yogurt (6 oz.) -- I used Chobani
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup almond milk

I combined all the dry ingredients first and set aside.  Then I combined all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.  I combined by putting wet into dry.  It should look pretty stiff, but not dry.  You can add a little more almond milk -- but the batter shouldn't be runny.

I lined a 7 x 11 pyrex brownie pan with parchment paper.  I then poured in the batter.
I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees and baked them for 30 minutes.  A tooth pick stuck in came out without being wet.

They are super moist, the consistency is a little different than "ordinary wheat flour" brownies.  These seemed denser to me -- maybe more fudgy.


The left (first row) is just about gone ;)


Here's a close up of the parchment.  So you can see the moist/ delicate nature of these brownies.



No comments:

Post a Comment