Saturday, November 2, 2013

Salad dressings....

I'll be honest, I never loved salad.  I eat it -- but not one of my favorites.  Now, I do love it.  The change -- the dressing.  I've tried almost every one imaginable.  What I've found -- nothing beats home made.  It is not always fresh (when I say that, I make it and store it in the fridge) -- It never lasts more than a couple days as I eat a lot of it.

My favorite is a concoction of apple, wine, mustard, white balsamic vinegar -- I got the recipe on line.  Here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pear-vinaigrette/   It calls for pear -- I didn't have pear, so I threw in an apple.  (Vitamix blender -- probably one of my favorite appliances. )  I throw in the ingredients and in about 2 minutes -- viola -- dressing.

Today, I tried something new Mango.  It is very good.  I poured it into an old vinegar bottle and it's ready.  It looks almost too yellow in the photo.  My pictures are terrible.  It doesn't seem that yellow in actuality.


It is just mango chunks, white wine, white balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard, olive oil


No comments:

Post a Comment