Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pomegranate Salsa

I was watching a show (about food -- how it is grown) -- anyway at some point a woman who owns a restaurant in California comes on and talks about one of the menu items for that day.  It is wilted spinach with chicken and a pomegranate salsa.  She mentioned some ingredients (but I didn't catch them) -- I figured I'd google pomegranate salsa and find what I needed.  Well, yes and no.  I found 3 or 4 recipes (none of them seemed like the one she made).

So, I hit the kitchen and started "hacking" -- I released my pomegranate kernels, chopped a shallot, chopped some cilantro, juiced a lime ..... needed something else -- threw in a cubed mango.  Perfect -- only thing missing was a tad bit of a jalapeno. Also threw in tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar.


Colorful and very tasty.

The wilted spinach is not visible (under the chicken breast) -- but it made a very attractive presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment