Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Delicious Farro recipe

I got this recipe from the back of a package of Farro.  It says it's traditional italian.  It reminds me in a strange way of risotto.

It is ground beef, onion (I used shallot), carrot, celery (I skipped this), tomato sauce (All I had was paste so I used that instead), white wine, vegetable or beef broth (I used veggie).

I shredded the carrot and the shallot in the cuisinart.  Browned a quarter pound of beef; added the carrot and shallot.


Separately boil the farro.

It looks starchy when boiling.  It only boils for 10 mins.

Then the parboiled farro is added to the meat mixture.

vegetable or beef stock is added each time it dries out (this is what reminds me of risotto).

It cooks for an additional 20 minutes.

It is turned constantly for that 20 minutes.

Then it is plated and shredded parmesan is added.

It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment