Saturday, October 12, 2013

Chia pudding

Couldn't be easier.  While I was in NY, I had lunch with an old college friend.  We dined at Le Pain Quotidien.  They have a cookbook out.  On the table was a postcard with a recipe.  It looked so good, I snapped it up and promised myself I'd make it.  I forgot all about it.  Returned home.  While rummaging through my purse, I came upon the card.  It is Chia & coconut pudding with a passion fruit sauce.

Many years ago, I went to Australia.  Besides the "mud market" one of my favorite things was the passion fruit -- passion fruit is difficult to find here in Florida -- perhaps the season is very short.  When I lived in Massachusetts, I'd occasionally find it at Roche Brother's (the grocery store there).

I was sure I had seen frozen passion fruit pulp somewhere.... just where....

For the pudding, it is just chia seeds and coconut milk.  (Newsflash -- if you use organic coconut milk -- it doesn't have gar gum -- it doesn't harden to form the way the non-organic does) -- I've used both.

Tastes the same, just doesn't mold.  If you want it to mold, I guess skip the organic -- I just eat it out of the little molds and it's a bit softer (organic).

I did find the passion fruit pulp -- it was at a Walmart store!!!!!!!  Yes, it is Goya brand and it is just pure pulp no sugar or additives!  YEAH!

I add some organic sugar when I make the topping.  You can use agave or stevia for sweetening if you don't like/use sugar.







It goes in the fridge in the little glass bowls for at least 3 hours.

Then I top with the thawed passion fruit

I add a teaspoon of organic sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment