Monday, October 28, 2013

Chicken under a brick

So, I started with a trip to Home Depot.

This is no ordinary brick.  It is a paver and is about 2 times as wide as a regular brick.

They are cement so I tried to find one without any dyes or coloring.


It will be wrapped in aluminum foil anyway.



This recipe started when my husband had a similar dish at our newly favorite restaurant Max's Grill in Delray Beach.

I found this recipe on the internet  http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Citrus-Chicken-Under-a-Brick-242115#

It's made with orange, lemon and lime


I marinated the chicken overnight (I had to butterfly the chicken -- I will spare you the photos)

Also, it called for inserting orange slices under the chest and back cavity's skin....



This is once it was flipped and the brick replaced on top

And without the brick:

Now, although it looked nice and it had a beautiful crunchy skin, I'd like to say it was delicious, however, mine was rubbery -- the flesh was anything but tender.  Not sure what went wrong -- but not sure that I would make this again (ever).

No comments:

Post a Comment