Thursday, October 17, 2013

Harvesting the sprouts....

Ok... So, greened up and ready to go.  I harvested and gave some to my friend Maria whom I was meeting for lunch.  I thought -- will she even know what these are -- I wouldn't have a couple months ago.  So funny,  I got there with my "bag of sprouts" -- back to my very first post about family and friends always exchanging food....  She knew right away and asked about the place where I took my sprouting class.  I guess she gets microgreens from a farm and they are sourced from Got Sprouts? in Riviera Beach.

I digress.  It was time so I got my trusty ceramic knife and began my harvest. (more on the knives tomorrow)... For today, I want to focus on the joy of growing and providing your own food.  This is enough for a salad -- I mean really, you could actually provide a good portion of your food by growing it yourself.  Unbelievable.


The density is unbelievable.

Here's a close up of a section cut away

And finally, what they looked like on the wax paper for harvest

The black are some seed casings left behind....

I see dinner's salad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment