Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tomato Quinoa Soup

So, my youngest daughter went to a food expo in Boston.  Ming Tsai was there.  I love Ming!  Years ago, we lived in Massachusetts and Ming had (probably still has) a restaurant in our town.  We'd go to the restaurant.  I met him at a book signing in Needham -- He signed his book for me.  I was in Heaven.

When we moved to Florida, my husband thought too many things were in our garage (there are no basements or attics here) -- So... He took out the boxes -- put them on the curb -- and put a sign, "FREE -- TAKE ME" -- We laughed how quickly people came by and "took everything" -- I wasn't laughing when much later I said "what was in those boxes?"  -- "Oh old books." --- My Ming Tsai Cookbook.  I was sooooooo upset.  He offered to buy me a new one.  It's not the same, I grumbled.....

Now that you know the back story, you'll appreciate the inscription.  


My daughter had his latest book signed for me!  What a sweetie she is.  

I've made two recipes so far from the book.  This one I loved so much I've made it twice in the last 2 weeks.

It is a tomato quinoa soup with grated parmesan for a topper.  Absolutely delicious.  What's in it?  Tomato, carrot, ginger, onion, tamari, broth and quinoa.






No comments:

Post a Comment