Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dolphin -- the fish, not the mammal

When I went to Hawaii many years ago, we had Mahi.  I liked it very much.  I remember cooking in on a grill at the "hotel" where we stayed.  It was more of a condo with a hotel lobby and daily cleaning.  Moving to Florida brought back all those memories when I saw Mahi at the local fish store.  It's dolphin some one said --sound of record coming to a screeching halt. "Are you kidding me?"  -- Dolphin the fish, not flipper.  "Oh....  ok".

I got some today and pan seared it.  I paired that with a citrus, fennel salad.  I love this salad.  It is fennel, grapefruit, orange, shallots, avocado and sprouts with white balsamic vinegar and a bit of olive oil.  Throw in some shallot and toast and ground some fennel seed and viola -- I got the recipe from the Overnight Diet book.


Here are my basic ingredients for the salad:


Motar and pestle to grind the toasted fennel seeds:


and Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment